SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Goddess of the Corn"

Rocked by the wind in the cradle of corn
Trapped dancing mad in spacious fairy light
Swifter than the wind, colder than the snow
Keeping all the wise men in my sight
Come unto my breeze
Come unto my spell
Truly I am one
Of all who loves you well
Your cosmic mother friend
For everyone to see
Knows what her child is like
Knows what it grew to be

Now they have taken all your mystic powers away
But your reign of love has carved its special way
So why you crave the peace which I can’t give
To you my wonder child while you still live

Just tell me what you need, I’ll fly you at great speed
Where the most valued treasure of your youth lies hid

Children of the never ending morn
To the sound of thunder you were born
Wrapped in roses you shall ever be
Cosmic children you’re so dear to me
Fairies spreading life’s most wondrous seeds

Dew drop goddess of the four wild winds
Watch this broken world beneath your wings
No one equal to your beauty lives
No one such amazing gifts can give

Children, you were never false to me
I was ever true to make you see
You can now outgrow me and leave home
I was always loved but now I’m gone

It took me just a while to travel here
For you it was the journey of a year
Wild winds bore my body like a cloud
Demons, men and angels cried out loud
They have put me back on righteous tracks
Once I’m there there’ll be no turning back

No comments:

Post a Comment