SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Fake Castles"

You started building castles in your youth
You remember twilight beaches and the sand
You remember old folks watching you
But never giving you a hand
It’s built of fantasy they say
It’s nothing worth our real attention
Every kid can build a castle
It’s nothing we should even mention

Now those castles are so fake
No emotion was included
Now those castles are awake
But you’re saying it’s illusive

Bogus, phony, never real
This is how your castles feel

Now you’re building castles out of glass
People live there, they admire the view
You remember shaking hands and laughing
Now your castles are true
They’re built of fantasy, you say
It’s worth the magic and the money
Every family wants to live here
In a way, it was worth all the running

Now you’re building your own castle
You hope to fill it with your blood
Give your best, you’re pumping more
As if your hard work ain’t enough
It’s all built on myth, you cry
I can’t build a safe place here
Sand and glass are good materials
Only for children and naïve dreams

Hey, on second thought, you cry
There’s my flesh and blood inside
Why not give it all a second chance
At least I can say I tried

That’s a place to bury me
With my childhood’s dreams, ideas
That’s the castle of my choice
It gives my memory a proper, childish voice

No comments:

Post a Comment