SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

"Central Point"

I saw you this morning, I missed by a glare
Streets kept you going imprisoned but fair
Their tentacles scare you, their bottomless pits
Reach out to find you wherever you sleep
While sadnesses slither in violent bursts
Matching disasters with words of the hurt
Sitting on ashes their fathers once burnt
Distant molasses of permanent ruin
As little as they are they don’t disappoint
We’re all looking for that central point

I know I won’t find you at any address
I won’t try my luck with this filthy old bed
Keys never change and the river stands still
On portraits of women I once held so dear
Running their fingers above story lines
Showing them shortcuts throughout blotted skies
Letting my thought run away with their heart
Letting their old sleepless eyes play my part
As phony as they are they don’t disappoint
We’re all looking for that central point

I followed your body, regret that I did
It took me a wandering aside country dirt
Found all your horses, exchanged all you had
For telephone wires, for madness and sex
I wish I’d deny you, that’s braveness on coals
Burning your wisdom, exploring your sore
Schools cannot teach you, you left all of them
Wait for your turn and unleash all you can
As little as it is you don’t disappoint
We’re all looking for that central point

I followed your spirit, I landed in Spain
Shots on the border and blood on the train
Screaming for death on exploited guitars
Your family can’t reach you, not under these stars
You’re on your own now fighting your war
Synonyms have it for kindness ignored
Your privacy hides you too high for my hands
Not only I’ll touch you where god understands
As little as you are you don’t disappoint
We’re all looking for that central point

No comments:

Post a Comment