SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Exit Daylight"

Exit daylight
Not accustomed to that tight bright light
I'm loose on the string,
Waiting for the night
Loose all the time
The string keeps pulling me
The sky is dancing me
Loose all the time
Starless, free
Exit daylight
I live by the lamp of escapism
Immature, but a honest substitute for revolution

Unmatched
Found guilty only when they want me to
I'll own up,
You just let me come back
To the steady twilight zone
Tell you all about that girl
It was she who held the gun
I was only
Choosing the house
It's flawed
The eye on my hat is seething
Blood from your rat cage dawn
Exit daylight
It's the opposite I own

Exit daylight
Oh I'd love to change the city or name
Both there, no matter where do I go
It's stuck like the face to the man
The suit's too tight
I'll get rid of that Italian look
Complete with this woman
Complete with the shoes
I'll get my money back
I'm gonna start anew

Quit this poet Hokey Pokey
Make a movie or two
Immature, but a honest substitute for detention

No comments:

Post a Comment