SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

News - NEW ALBUM in the works as of April 2 2024.


So, here are the 2024 sessions. I'm recording everything I can, as often as I can. Hopefully, the best fragments of these sessions will surface on a brand new A.J. Kaufmann album for The Swamp Records. I think it's gonna be released in December. The "Primitive Flower" jam above is like a punk rock take on raga. It's an "accident at work", meaning more tracks like this probably won't be made. I recorded my Gibson SG '61 through a chorus effect pedal, bass guitar with some 80s flair, and percussion. There are also some tape noises in the background. This is not a "new direction", a "spiritual journey", or "third eye awakening". It's just a fun jam session recorded to clear my mind in the morning.

What else have I been working on? Well, experimenting a lot to be honest. Trying out new synths, new VST, new instruments. New approaches to sound and noise and music.

In my work I have always tried out new ideas, but in the flood of new music widely available, some of it really new and out there, I figured out those new ideas aren't "futurist" or "ground-breaking". This is retrofuturism. A direction that, together with fluxus and krautrock has shaped my art.

Try out this new improvisation below for a taste of brand new, you're retro.

What's really amazing about music though, is its endless flow and presence. There is music everywhere. I find it in the most crazy places. Who cares about genre, if there's so much beautiful music to feel, find, and record? Even a simple piano/synth improv can carry beauty.
As of April 2024 I am not sure of what will be on the new album - which new tracks, how many of them, in which order. Also, not sure about the title and the cover art. But, it's the creative process that matters most. And I am right in the middle of it, figuring out new ways and paths to surprise and awaken the listener.

I hope you're looking forward to my new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment