SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Sunday, March 5, 2023

What's new?

After 2 recent CD releases (one in the US, "Bard's Woman..." on The Swamp Records, and the other in Australia, the Mike Sill-curated "Transmitter: Sonic Abstractions by A.J. Kaufmann") I have begun working slowly on all-new material. 

The fun title of "The Legend of Kräuter Yoda and Chyme Castle" has been on my mind ever since I recorded "Kinky" earlier this year, but I am not sure what should be on this album.

I am writing songs on my trusted Gibson SG '61, recording demos, and enjoying the process. In the meantime, I am releasing digital albums as well - physical media is cool, but there's enough of my physical releases on the market already I'm afraid.

So, here are some ideas I had in March, and, more or less, completed them. I am thinking of working on the new songs just as I worked on "Bard's Woman..." - meaning collaborations and major help from other, more talented artists.

Anyway, here's the ideas - let's start with this new, as of now untitled, song. I recorded my voice and electric guitar for it already, and here I will share the lyrics.

I'd like to be certain
Can you give me a sign
Is your flying fortress
Dropping bombs of time

You call me a loser
Well for sure I'm one
Can't quite grip the essence
Of the setting sun

Time and evolution
Revolution and life
Circle wombs and tombs together
Tell me isn't it nice

The other thing is my old poem, which I set to music today. It's called "Spirits Dance at Citadel's Rosegarden".

Spirits move away from broken homes
Dance atop their silver painted roses
Cast amidst a garden carved in stone
They had it all before, under their noses
Waved their sticks, caused water to flow
Seas to part and sands to grow
Lakes to flow and skin to harden
Spirits dance at Citadel’s Rosegarden

Spirits swift above the rooftop anguish
Curl inside reluctant empty houses
Vividly explored in all their mirth
As they’re moving in in Rosa painted blouses
Waved their sticks, caused cities to fall
Glory passed unnoticed as those spirits did crawl
I’m sorry I’ve been late, Lil Miss Pardon
But uh, spirits dance at Citadel’s Rosegarden

If you wish to help me with my new album, please get in touch at ajkaufmann47[at]gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment