SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"Arrows (Crow Flies By)"

I wish I was as straight as you
I’d had no worries, felt no grief
I wish I was as perfect as you
I wish my lines were drawn so stiff
I’d have no questions
Have no doubts
Have no fears
In asking why
I’d live with well accepted schemes
As a friend, as a wing

And as the crow flies by
My mind tries to follow its shade
The balance I’d never keep
The bird of life and death
He weren’t born to follow too
In the world I’ve tried to make
For you, you and me
Could you answer me

Do you want to be an arrow on the tarmac
Fake sentence in a rule
Would you like to lay all your destiny
On a table serving fools
Or would you rather be a queen
In a private universe
Embrace your clusters and calm my storms
You’d exist in my every cell
A tranquil queen
You’d never try to be

You say you want to be an arrow
Painted on the naked street
Paths you walk are never narrow
No directions, but this one
No honest fate to meet

I wish I was as straight as you
I wish I had no worries, no troubles of this kind
I wish we weren’t different as we are now
I wish I was the thorn stuck in your side
And I want to be an arrow now
Truly be an arrow
I want to be an arrow
As straight and still as you
In your curves

No comments:

Post a Comment