SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Brand new song (demo): "Kinky" (A.J. Kaufmann, 2023).

Yesterday I wrote a brand new song, my first brand new song (all new lyrics and music) in 2023.

It tells the tale of the titular Kinky, a 60s girl in love with a robot.

Back in 2014, this recording would probably end up on an album, but in 2023 it's just a demo.
I hope to record the proper version of this song soon and share it. You see, back in 2014 I wasn't that demanding - a song was complete when it had drums and bass on it. The demos were just phone or computer demos for voice and acoustic guitar. In 2023 I work a bit differently - recording a rough acoustic take on my phone as a note, and then a demo in my home studio. And then I start thinking what to actually do with a song I have written and recorded.

It's a retro thing, very Brian Jones-like and pop flavored, but psych pop and noise rock are not forgotten here.

I hope I'll write even better songs in 2023. This is the first one of the year. I felt really great doing it and wrote the lyrics in like 10 minutes. Enjoy.

Kinky was a teenage girl
Who fell in love with a digital swirl
And now she lives in its world of pain and leather
Kinky cries her love again
But the silver screen remains
Cool, collected, and calm and blonde all together

No machine can hear her cry
There's no love across the sky

Kinky don't you cry alone
Meet your plastic lover's chrome
It gleams in the sunset for you, who cares it's a robot
Kinky strokes her nylon legs
Life is full of body bags
Death, despair, and emotion dawn upon us

No machine can hear her cry
There's no love across the sky

Kinky found a rosy bed
Model magazines ahead
Twen and jams with friends, and singing and dancing
Kinky now knows all the joys
Of a life led full of toys
She owns and controls, but obeys every each of their fancies

No machine can hear her cry
There's no love across the sky
No machine can hear her cry
There's no love across the sky

No comments:

Post a Comment