SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Thursday, August 11, 2022

robvisual / A.J. Kaufmann - "Haunted Elevator"

robvisual is a photographer, VJ, and DJ who loves to play around with music without being too professional. "It is more about ideas that need to be put into the real world." he says.

Rob recently approached me on soundcloud and sent along a track he wanted me to add vocals to. I am currently having quite a hard time being frustrated with instruments and synthesizers myself, but I sure love to use my voice in any suggested context, so this is still fun for me. Whenever I hear synth tracks like the one Rob sent me, I am reminded of the great Bob Calvert and his 80s era solo work. So, I found an old poem, and added my voice to Rob's recording.

With this track, "Haunted Elevator", we have begun working on an EP (or even possibly an album) together, and I will share the progress whenever it appears. Also, notice the new "TRANSMITTER" logo by Justin Jackley, which will be the visual representation of my music for the foreseeable future. The album "Transmitter: Sonic Abstractions by A.J. Kaufmann" is coming later this year on CD (and digital) to Ramble Records, Australia.

Stay tuned.

robvisual sent me a track of his to which he wanted me to add something. He was thinking "Velvet Underground with Synths", and I imagined Bob Calvert writing a space age song above it with the obligatory Kraftwerk boom-tschak. I found an old set of lyrics, and recorded the voice. Let us know what you think of the result.

Urban deconstruction
Walls in motion
Levels are shifting
Wired to our emotions

Cityscapes are changing
Buildings in motion
Parks are shifting
Along with our emotions

I want a haunted elevator
Haunted elevator
Ego aggregator
Ego aggregator

No comments:

Post a Comment