SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Sunday, July 31, 2022

"Unrepeated Blues"

Well I'm grooving on a Sunday
And my fingertips are green
From a flight, one flight too many
On the London groove machine
And I'm thinking to my body
While I'm preaching to my soul
That an army of forgivers
Couldn't quench my thirst for gold

There's an alley in my city
Where I walked out all the blues
With a woman in her window
That's too old for hanging loose
From a corner of salvation
Throwing coins into the air
I'm a sucker for elation
And I'd like to stay this way

So I walk on light unbothered
As you stagger in the dark
While the fireflies keep floating
In my baby's wooden sparks
She says ain't no coffin big enough
To fit your box of things
Where I keep my poems only
You keep selling wedding rings

It's the scent of morning petrol
That might keep my words unsaid
But I never said a thank you
For the rhythms in my head
You supply and try immensely
Like a set of evening clothes
It's whatever, babe, you fancy
We are now tomorrow's ghosts

So you say so long my partner
I can't help but be surprised
By the way you choose your answers
To this inharmonious plight
Of a spirit once too eager
Now too old to carry on
For the bird consuming madness
From its broken earthly throne

No comments:

Post a Comment