SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

robvisual / A.J. Kaufmann - "Foolish Woman"

Here's another update from "The Strange Worlds of A.J. & Rob". This time it's a ballad that is also a warning. Back in 2002 I used to be in a band with Mateusz Nowicki, and we recorded many tapes with our own songs and covers. I also bought the JANE "Between Heaven and Hell" LP back then that inspired these lyrics. Anyway, I also had a girlfriend back then who used to do heavy drugs. She also inspired the words, as I was writing for her to stop doing drugs. Now, after 20 years I am unsure whether I actually wrote these words, stole them from the JANE LP, or had them dictated in a dream revelation. Anyway, here they are today, and if you're doing heavy drugs, please stop. They'll do your body and spirit no good. Like in "The Pusher" song from Steppenwolf, you'll "walk with tombstones in your eyes". Stop hard drugs now if you do them and reach out for help. My girlfriend didn't stop, and now she's in a world of her own that nobody understands. It's beyond sad. Anyway, please enjoy the ballad and heed the warning.

Here are the lyrics, audio below:

I will walk the streetlights away
Waiting for the coming of the day
When will we wake up from our naive dreams
Life is just a gambling scene
Welcome!

Dark city lights you take right thru your nose
Foolish woman, don't take your overdose, no
You say you're righteous, you're surely no fool
So come on woman, show me the rule

I will walk the night breeze away
Into the parks near the crimson bay
And as the moon shines upon my face
I'm finally sure that I found the right place
Welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment