SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Friday, April 29, 2022

"Bard's Woman in the Cool of the Summer Breeze" Update: "Mighty River"

I wrote "Mighty River" in December 2006, and dedicated it to my dear friend Annie. I think I included some versions of the tune on various A.J. Kaufmann albums, but to be honest I don't remember on which and if at all... anyway, this here version is the "final one", recorded 2022 by Patryk Lichota (who captured my voice and old acoustic guitar for 10 songs in less than an hour, a brilliant producer...) with further instrumental parts added by the great Ralf "Gypsy" Bevis today. The song was inspired by traditional sea shanties, and was also performed live at Statek Kultury (a barge docked in Cigacice, in the middle of the Oder river) with Michał Joniec, Smyczkowe Wdzięki, and Friends back in May 2017.

I hope you enjoy the track, and my eternal thanks go to Gypsy for taking my simple drinking buddy song to another level.

The album "Bard's Woman in the Cool of the Summer Breeze" now has 11 tracks completed. I guess there will be 16 tracks on the finished album.

I also started talking with my labels about possible vinyl or CD release in 2023.

The photo I included here is from "Second Hand Man" (my debut album) rehearsals. I look silly on it, so I have decided to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment