SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Monday, November 15, 2021

"Hydra of Your Centuries" (New poem, 2021/11/15)

I feel sad and lonely for those
on the outside, in this cruel autumn moon
reaching out for familiar faces
in the afternoon of their wealth
skinning the dollar
outsourcing the soul
pushers of god

they are forever drugged and wasted
in sleep they escape
but their escape is hollow
like the cruel autumn sky
I mentioned the moon before
perhaps it's hollow too – who knows the magic of stone
accompanying every ocean
on this sad and lonely planet

pushers of god
were never my amigos
but I feel obliged to listen
to everything they mention on the phone
taking the longest call home I ever encountered
speaking of loss
pain, guilt, and dark trips and murky voyages
to the depths
of their empty pockets – eyes of Siva
vending the essence back to the mountains
where it was
never born

a psyche I don't need
and a body I don't remember having
crossed me out of my own urban myth
decomposing flowers for Gina
who still enjoys her cheese in the backyard
smiling at me like a gun

she says, don't be sad and lonely anymore
the planet sparkles new life
dolphins and whales sing out their circles
of true intelligent life
not some human babble
noise of cities
homo erectus nonsense

she's saying everything is seed
and dog open lyric
you just need to learn to listen as
one to air clear, unsubtle
hydra of your centuries

No comments:

Post a Comment