SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Thursday, October 28, 2021

"Georgians from Utopia" (New poem, 2021/10/28)

I'm an endless jazz reel of trumpets
blunt orchestra of hope
flowers for my punk girl
drawing birds on excellent walls – graffiti headed angels
we are bones and skin trapped forever
in our father's trails of blood
can't sing?
Scream!
You'll feel healthier doing the somersault for Annie
she's god
she never wanted different

I'm an endless jazz reel of trumpets
moniker of excuses, a morning fiesta
candid camera freakshow
lo-fi beard for my dog
dead corn in the valley
glowing frozen in barb wire
pass winter
we are sidetorn and irrelevant
black and dire
we climb the endless horizon
but she's god
Annie's god
I said she's god
and there's nothing beside it

We read from Bibles
write poetry in our calendars
check out the Solar System
go and jam all night with the Georgians from utopia

they never left this planet
and the psychedelic radio
from another dimension
shows flashes of recent reels
my solos not included
I only climb the morning with Annie
she's pleasant
she's fashion
but this I've told you before
and, brother
we can only hope for a great Sun Ra reunion
in the universe

we'll all be baked and psychotic
and wasted and stoned and pretty
and tight fitted and jamming
all night
with the Georgians from utopia

No comments:

Post a Comment