SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

"Lightbulb Balloon"

I took a trip to the realm of
Black and white silence
I took a trip to the 20s, or even further down
When I returned to the world of future
It seems it has lost its colors all around
And on the crayon horizon
Something was hanging around
Pre-industrial lightbulb balloon
From a time before our time

And it carried soul survivors
Fools like me who lost their way
On poetic thunder gardens
Of apocalyptic eye confusing spray
Horses! Horses! Screamed the vapor shaman
They must take us down the river to our gold
And I’ll summon shell ghosts of the death prairie
Pay the price in equal parts of blood and sword

But I didn’t pay no mind to a madman
I already have one deep inside of me
He can even con his fingers into thinking
They keep threading complex lenses of the free

Flowers for the lady, dear comrades
Ribbons for the soldiers, noble chimes
Trains are stuck at Pankow rusty station
And I’m trying to find my freedom in a rhyme

In a simple wooden house in the outskirts
My friends were trying to bring me safely home
But I’m wayfaring further down the madness
King beggar on a soap symphonic throne
Counting stations as they roll
Late for U-bahn, I’ll just walk

No comments:

Post a Comment