SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dead love buzzes best

Ysabelle's real

you came to me as a trainwreck
I liked it
as I've been the drunken trackman
and we knew that we'd sum up to zero
which is quite an impressive number

we'd stay up all nite
and drink with the ghosts of the perched down
passengers
while Ysabelle would serve us
her „Barcelona” cold
no caviar
no wholesale
no vineyard...

I hated her voice and yes, I still do...

and you were real, too

I guess she's still writing songs
somewhere at Soho
w/ her plump blue sneakers
& bourgeois manners
while playin' nanny
to some little
grumpy
Hitler

while I've sung you of dead wives in my welcoming sheets
and the crow's distant ticklin' at my immaculate window
so deathlike & real...

and I was real, too
and I guess you liked it...

but I'm still in love with Death
& dead love buzzes best
almost like in that
summer
song

No comments:

Post a Comment