SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Monday, April 4, 2022

20 Years of Artistic Activity this year (or 25 in 2023, depending on how you count). Info.

It dawned upon me that today marks 20 years since the first written Brain Salad Underground songs. I think the first one was "Alleygates of Sin", which I wrote after listening to Hawkwind and Amon Duul II for the first time. You can listen to my 2014 solo version here:


We recorded all my/our then-brand-new songs direct to tape in our high rise apartment in Górczyn, Poznań, in July 2002. And then we recorded 5 more tapes, and then back to school since our holidays were over.

It was the first psychedelic experience in Górczyn, Poznań, Poland. There still isn't any sort of a "psych scene" here, so I am forced to work as an outsider, but I really like it, because the artistic freedom gained, and so on...)

I still haven't properly digitized the 2002-2003 tapes (mp3s are not the desired quality), but I have started digitizing old CD-Rs (2003-2008), and you can listen to the deep archives here:
http://soundcloud.com/adammajdecki-janicki

20 years might seem like a long time making noise and music, but to be honest I still feel like I haven't even started "doing my job". I like to have a beginner state of mind all the time, which allows for ideas your "grown up full blown ego built artistic self" would never let out of the scrapbook. I think being juvenile to a healthy extent is the key of remaining artistically fertile.

In those 20 years I learned a lot, especially on "what not to do" and "how not to sound". I think I spent the majority of those years on failed experiments and absurd, surreal ideas. But hey, there's even more to come, as I really don't feel like dying, rather on the opposite - I feel like being freshly born every day I wake up.

I will include some links to things I'm really proud of in those 20 years (or 25 in 2023, since hey, I actually started recording cassettes solo in 1998 - I was 13 and really out of it - but those tapes - and all tapes that followed until 2002 - are only bursts of teenage noise, that barely and rarely contain any coherent idea, sound, lyrics, or melody) and I am looking forward to my new album, which finally sounds like music should sound, and I hope you will be interested in the pretentiously titled, but totally non-pretentious "Bard's Woman in the Cool of the Summer Breeze". I am also slowly completing the book that will accompany this album. Speaking of the music, I am even slower, but this time I want to make an album at least as good as "Stoned Gypsy Wanderer" (out on vinyl on Ramble Records, Australia, have you already bought your copy?) - otherwise what's the point in making a new album?


I am also releasing things like crazy on The Swamp Records, and on April 8 I will release my brand new (except one song recorded in 2016) album, "Domino". Dominoes are a very simple game, and the album will be about simple games, also featuring the incredibly talented Eliza Dycha on one track - the beautifully raw version of "Niezapominajka", Eliza's song based on Polish folklore and the blues. Stay tuna.


Here are some albums (which I like to call ideas) I'm really proud of as I'm writing this, and probably those are the only albums you should really check out if we're not friends, close friends, or lovers. Then maybe we will become them. Cheers.








No comments:

Post a Comment