SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Sunday, November 14, 2021

"Sonya (In a Better World)" (New poem, 2021/11/14)

I awake
vast prayers of morning
slow damn process
lights asbestos long
each blurring beat
shimmering the street naked rugs
I slide slowly into a better world
back from the trips
back from the noise of the city
sky soulscraper
ready to stroke the skull of the clouds

their mantra
stays with me
takes me through fields of music
where I learn to play the piano
with my Berlin maestro
in dreamzone
in a huge library
of lifetimes

I choose a book and am gone
there is not much left of the 20s me
collecting notebooks by the fire
firing up the guitar
flames from the piano
strange circular flowers
thrown on my grave
from above

no, I don't remember your name
I don't care
I won't be here tomorrow
no, not a single chance

so, I motion the dawn if and in infinite caravans
rolling through the deserts of Venus
the only planet I notice
here, up in the Alps
though the sky is filled with dots
a childlike soul will join
to form pictures
of herds and straws and cocktails
if only she is aware now
counting the grungy snowflakes
of youth
nostalgia of childhood
Sonya,
my 20s lover
in a better world

No comments:

Post a Comment