SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Thursday, December 20, 2012

"Year of the Watermelon Moon"

Clean bed was a luxury
New boots a dream come true
Guitar strings were always old
Cars were always used
Meals were cheap and booze was warm
Drugs were out of reach
Streets were dirty, time ran slow
On codeine and bleach

And I would kill for just one night
In a painted heated room
Life was hard but beautiful
In the year of the watermelon moon

Driving long on buses cold
Lonely like the world
Headed for the outskirt waste
Frozen to the bone
Clothes were always full of holes
Sky was filled with rain
You said it finally made us clean
Gave our hollow love a name

And I would kill for a night with you
In a neon lit saloon
Love was strong and glasses full
In the year of the watermelon moon

Drifting with the thieves and bums
Gypsy blood was wild
I’m sure I had few drops in me
When I roved the ancient night
Suitcase and a guitar case
That’s all I needed then
Highways waited for my song
The girls were young and brave

And I would kill for just one kiss
But it ended way too soon
Time was cruel for his favorite fools
In the year of the watermelon moon

No comments:

Post a Comment