SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Novocaine

it's too early inside, too dark on the outside...
lacerate... punctuate.... investigate...
wallow in the shadows so you'll never be seen
to evade the
excessive
penalty...

are you breathing still
or is it just the ocean sighin'...
can't tell for good... can't tell
in these rooms of
flat calm

hand me some Novocaine, my child
the iodine's not enough
hand me some caffeine, my child
the bloodrush's way too slow
this time...

I want it much faster so the death won't catch me

there's still enough Novocaine on your tips
still enough iodine on them hips
still enough of your
careless
anesthetics...

how you spoil me... & caress me...
& touch right below the pain's sacred
lair
one more step
& the beast's on his way...
how the salt reacts with the wound
with the ripped off skin
with the scent of burnt
lashes...

everybody's wounded... true...
if so, why suffer
why satisfy the dole collector
the manic
preacher
the vacuumed up
rehabilitator...

there's still Novocaine enough
to survive
in your rooms of
flat
calm

No comments:

Post a Comment