SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

How Gina sits

she sits on a rockin' chair
stormship
observing the ceiling
moth dance
the lightbulb anxiety
propaganda
the waves form her Persian
carpet
the wineglass
the bullets
remind her my reptile
halcyon days
golden years
antacid
drunkard
luxuries of oblivion
"my name is of no
importance"
she whispers
"my body's no longer
of use"
she purrs
"for you I'm no longer
of use..."
& from my balcony wide
magnoliagilded
she notices
J.C.
passin'
in the autumn needle rain
kino
for all the kids
interested:
he comes in sepia
whipped & shaken
the polish
zloty
savior

the clockwork
Kain
in anger...

I try to calm her
sing quiet illusory
lovesongs
quote Wilde
or paint her on my lilac
wall
right next to some cut-up
paintings
sketches of Spain
her child's first attempts
in crayons

try to rescue the skeleton
corset
Gina
from fallin' deeper & swifter
into gorgeous tiny
notepad
nursery rhyme
pieces
while smokin' ten thousand
Marlboros

nothing helps
as usual:
our Gina sees the light
only when she's really
dyin'

the moths dance still
"how banal" I mutter
"how quick & painless..."
she flutters
falls for the moth king
eyes stop at the lightbulb's
border
Gina burns
& gauges
away

she sure would like some
tecata
now

No comments:

Post a Comment