SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

"Postcards from Japan"

You're surely not the first one
Though you could be the last one
Standing at the ruined
Poetry's threshold
I’m sending you away
On postcards from Japan
Your heart's a used up
Centerfold

Naked girls dance
And I think of romance
But I feel too old
And of no use
Somehow you can find me
Watch out, you might blind me
I feel just as naked
As those girls

You’re getting all my postcards
When the time is right
Some twenty, thirty
Years from now
Waiting in your mailbox
Patient like a tiger
Waiting for your hand
They never bite

You’ll get all my love
In an empty envelope
Write me a letter
I’ll give you some time
The longer you refuse me
The more you entertain me
I’ll wait till you’re older
Imagine wine

I swear I’ll treat you kind
You just step towards the door
You knock just once
You learned your line
God, you look so old now
I swear I’d like to hold you
I’ll keep the blinders down
This one more time

And just in case you’re wondering
Probably very long
Whatever happened
To your writer of song
He’s stuck inside his window
Nothing really changed, love
Sending you regards
And wishing you good

I’ll smoke a cigarette now
I’ll make myself at home now
South of heaven living
Suits me fine
Dancing stoned with Dante
Weeping with the children
Every dawn I witness
Hurts my eyes

I'll be sending you some flowers
Flowers from Japan
To which I hope
You'll add in time
Tears and many stories
Joy and sense of worry
Bliss and pain
And other proper lines

Make those flowers mean much
You still remember postcards
Get out of this threshold
It is lost
No place for a young girl
God, you’re still a child now
Get yourself some candy
Fix your hair

Time’s treating me so kindly
We get along so well now
Keeping all our best
For the great event
You’ll be sending me your love back
On these postcards from Japan
And I promise I'll get back to you
Forever

And I promise I’ll get back to you
Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment