SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Monday, November 8, 2021

Tadeusz Miciński in my translation, excerpts.

***

Climb in me black flowers -
golden flowers,
bloody flowers.
Before Adonai cursed Cain's tribe
these worlds were whirling
in fires of Might and Thrones -
and from crystal bells
they flowed to the earth in heavenly melodies
.

Ah, the sinister horses of my follies
with the whirlwind of falling comets
lifted me into Chimera's castle -
where on crosses, stretched
I saw bodies of tortured Andromedas
and dumb Sphinxs' rapt faces.
(...phosphorescently illuminating
in deep wells -
inviting one-eyed
giants over...)

On a ruby peak, entangled in lianas
of zodiacs and in dreamy nebulae of protosphere -
this infernal Jerusalem.
The rustled cedars glow with wind
like burning chandeliers.
Among the columns black of a gigantic Cathedral
enchanted lies the figure of Berenice.

(... and winter wilderness
plays her anthem -
and simooms
unfold their wings upon her...)

***

When in a strange dream of Eden,
cradled in a whisper of tulips,
I clothed you in silvery mists
on a distant island of the Oceans
(in a strange dream of Eden) -
sapphire rose in the fires
I gave out from my womb
and tears of joy in the storm of stars
I melted in Orion's glow -
oh, I saw you:
dreamed by me,
by me for an age condemned.

Vengeful god plucked my heart's flower
and among the caves of the desert moon
spirits of snakes rose into a forest of lofty pines -
and from the skyreaching rocks where a shrine stood
a phosphorescent cold reptile was looking at me -
from the rocks, where death snuggles up to the gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment