SMALL TALK AT BUKOWSKA AND LIBELTA: A poet in Poznan. - Poetry Chapbook, 2012.

“Krabo” They say moon is the same for everyone Streets are hostile or friendly Nothing depends on your luck You exist cause you’re taught to...

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Vortex

does it really all work like a vortex?
this Engbers shirt
& Man of Town jacket
make a perfect pair of moods...

double dare the observer
& nail him down
with a pink Shoa scarf

so choose a straw for the lady in question
question the answer
in tall frozen glass
frame
while talkin' quite loosely...

on conversations like these
I wish I had a label for
myself...
a price to stick to
a trademark to rely on
a product
to sell her

wish my poems were as good
as the blank morning sky
clear-blue-swifting-
arranging
itself
anew

wish I could tell her about them
wish I could quote
myself

wish I had a bucket for my soul
& a casket
to put my eyes in
a coffin
to call it a day
& good ole cross
to hang on

guess it really works like a vortex

guess she's leavin'
this very
moment

renewed every morning
but still in the same-spot
condition

troubled & trapped in verse
but never as clear
as
the
sky

thus
never
true
or sold

No comments:

Post a Comment